Director and Stop-Motion Animator in San Diego, CA
For Business or Press Inquiries
Follow Jethro Ames
Throwback Thursday and I’m continuing on with the theme of showing some past work with Bleacher Report. This time, we took over a local BBQ shop in San Diego where we watch NFL Linebacker Brock Hekking consume 21,000 calories just under in an hour. Crazy to see him eat all that in one sitting. Sorry Vegan friends, you might have to scroll past this one. If you had a bottomless pit of a stomach, and you can eat anything you want guilt free. What would you get? #jetdirection #fthrowbackthurs
Flashback Friday back to a time where I… GASP… directed a video with LIVE PEOPLE?! Crazy isn’t? I don’t only create stop-motion vids with food. Sometimes, I get to collaborate with awesome people. Bleacher Report approached me with a crazy idea to create a WWE style walkout with MLB star Adam Jones from the Baltimore Orioles. How can I say no to a fun project like that? This came and went like a blur… Flying to Sarasota, Florida with my DP, working with a bare bones crew, where we had an hour of time with the talent. I seriously live for this stuff. But, I thought it was cool to combine WWE and MLB together for a fun combo. If you had your way, what kind of crazy combo can you come up with? Let me know below! #jetdirection #flashbackfridays
When you can't get enough of bae! Finally, the last of my series of videos for @PringlesCA!
Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I loved putting it together. Mister Chip here is crazy for his ketchup. But, I was wondering if there was anything out there where sometimes you have to gotta get it now? For me? My crack is playing Overwatch on my PS4. That game is crack. I get no work done because of it! 😭#jetdirection #rubadubdub
Rub-a-Dub-Dub, There's Ketchup in the Tub! One of a series of videos from @PringlesCA!
Look our for a behind the scenes look on how I created this animation on my Facebook Page. Link in my bio! 👆👆👆 #jetdirection #birthdaysuit
When you can't help to hit that snooze button more than once! 😴 One of a series of stop-motion animations I created for @pringlesca! Like my Facebook page for more BTS info on how I created these series. Link in my bio! 👆👆👆 #jetdirection #bedtimestories
Finally! Here’s the first of a series of stop motion animations I created for @PringlesCA. I had so much fun creating these. I’m super stoked that I can finally share these with you guys. If you’re in Canada you should be seeing these on YouTube and all over the interwebs. Give me a holla if you saw the ad live my friends up north!
Look our for a different version on my Facebook Page. Also more behind the scenes look on these videos I made. Link in my bio! 👆👆👆
Hi guys, I’m still alive! Sorry for not posting in awhile. I’ve been busy creating some vids for a client that I’m looking forward to posting soon. If you’re not a fan of ads, I totally understand if you scroll through. But, I really appreciate the love if you can, I gotta pay those bills ya know. =D
Anyways, I thought for this post, I’ll show a small sample of my process from capture to post production. You can scroll through the images to see how one scene looks from the start to completion.
1. Cinemagraph on how the scene will look when animated.
2. Raw capture of the scene. Props and sets are either handmade or purchased. These characters are animated to “reach out to each other” which took about 30 frames all together.
3. Revised still with some retouching. Logo from the Ketchup bottle was removed. Some props from the table was also removed to keep it simplistic. The Ketchup bottle was moved to be seen better. Mouths were added to each character, and some blush was also added in post to give the characters a romantic feel.
4. Background is introduced. Which is one of the reasons why I like to keep my background either blue or green screen. The water in the background was shot separately and added as a different layer so it can be controlled independently from the foreground animation. The city, mountains and bottle, were different layers and brought together via Photoshop.
5. Paper Candle light flames was added. Lighting effects was also added to the hardwood floors. A handcrafted boat was brought in as well. This was shot separately, and animated on a different layer. As you can see you can tell who the client was! =D
6. Flickering candlelight was added to give the table scene more of a glow.
7. How my final color grade looks like. I like how the scene looks united as one. I gave it an overall warmer tone. Vignetted the corners to give more of a focal point to the action. And, a nice glow to beautify the scene.
Hope you guys like this direction. Please let me know if you guys want to see more behind the scenes stuff like this! I don’t mind sharing my process! Have a fun and happy Easter! #jetdirection #bts
Indiana Blue and the Shopping Mall of Doom!
Hey guys! It’s been awhile since my last post. Sorry, about that y’all, its been crazy busy in the home front. Haven’t slept as much lately trying to finish some projects and hit those deadlines. I’ll try to show some stuff on my Instagram stories to fill you in! But, its fun and I can’t talk too much about it right now! Hang in there! #jetdirection #shoppingmall
Props to Microsoft for lending me this amazing HoloLens. More info here! 👉http://bit.ly/HoloLensActiongram
This is your year to Sparkle!
Happy New Year everyone! 2017 is going to be LEGENDARY! Wish you guys have a year better than the last! I hope my little videos can put a smile to your face in 2017 as much as I try to do this year. Thanks so much for sticking around to watch my wacky videos. Can’t wait to show you what I’ve line up next! #jetdirection #happynewyear2017
Like my Facebook Page to see a behind the scenes look on the videos I make. Link in my bio! 👆👆👆